White Bean Homemade Hummus
This homemade hummus using Cannellini beans instead of the chickpeas is a lovely alternative that makes for a more creamy and smooth texture. With lemon juice as the natural preservative, it will last for 7-10 days in the fridge. And using all natural ingredients, it's gluten and dairy free too!
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 1½ cups
- 1 clove garlic
- 400gm can white cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 T tahini (sesame seed paste)
- rind and juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 ½ t ground coriander
- a pinch of salt
- 2 T olive oil
- To make the homemade hummus, place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth, scraping down the sides a couple of times as you go. Transfer into a serving bowl or container and store in the fridge. Serve with seedy crackers, vegetable sticks, as a spread in sandwiches or as part of a grazing platter. Will last for 7- 10 days in the fridge.
- Hummus is a fantastic snack which can be made as a variety of different flavours. You could roast some carrots, pumpkin or kumara and once cool, add those to the base. If you've got an abundance of herbs, like coriander or basil, you could add those. Or you could add sundried tomatoes or olives for an Italian flavour. The world is your oyster with what you can make, but having a delicious creamy base recipe is the beginning of great hummus's to come!
For other delicious recipes for the whole family for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, desserts and sweet treats, check out the RECIPES section.
If you've enjoyed this recipe and you want more healthy ideas, especially for snacks, grab my printable eBook, Quick Nutritious Energy Snacks which includes 5 tasty snack recipes for a great energy hit + 25 quick throw together snack ideas. Grab it HERE.
Leave A Comment