Apple & Feijoa Crumble | Gluten-Free Option
This divine and super easy apple and feijoa crumble is great for a cooler autumn evening, or a lovely recipe to surprise your mother on Mothers Day. Offering a gluten and dairy free option (or a normal version if you have no allergies), it's a winner for everyone! Serve with vanilla bean ice cream, or feijoa ice cream which I've linked to below - if you haven't tried this, it's a must! .
Author: Wick Nixon
- 75gms butter, diced (use solidified coconut oil if DF or DF spread)
- ½ c ground almonds
- ½ c flour (use brown rice flour if GF)
- ¼ c desiccated coconut
- ¼ c rolled oats (use quinoa flakes if GF)
- ½ c brown sugar
- 1 t ground ginger
- 12 feijoas, scooped out with a spoon and quartered
- 2 apples, cored & cut into small cubes
- 1 t cinnamon
- ¼ c brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- To make the apple & feijoa crumble, place the prepared fruit in a souffle or baking dish. Stir in the sugar and cinnamon.
- To make the apple & feijoa crumble topping, place all the ingredients into a food processor. Blend or pulse until combined, still maintaining some texture. Pour on top of the base and evenly distribute. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until crumble is crisp and golden.
- Serve with vanilla bean ice cream or feijoa ice cream. See the recipe HERE.
- Serves 5-6.
For other delicious recipes that the whole family will enjoy including breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks or sweet treats, head to the RECIPES section.
If you've enjoyed this recipe because it's gluten-free and you're after more direction with transitioning to being gluten-free, grab my FREE Swap & Stock – Your MUST HAVE Gluten-Free Pantry Guide which includes a ‘Swap Out' Guide for Common Ingredients' & 'Stock Your Pantry for Gluten-Free Success' checklist - check out all the details HERE.