Avocado Ice Cream
If you haven't tried Avocado Ice Cream, you're missing out! It's rich in flavour, rich in nutrients and a great way to use up an abundance of avocados while they're in season. And if you freeze them while they're in season, it will mean you can have this all year round! My favourite brand of coconut cream is Kara, it's thick, authentic and tastes amazing!
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: Serves 2-3
- 1 large avocado, frozen in slices
- 1 medium banana, frozen in chunks
- ½ c thick coconut cream
- 1 T maple syrup or honey
- pinch salt
- 1 t vanilla essence
- rind and juice of 1 lime
- 4-5 mint leaves
- To make the avocado ice cream, 15 minutes before starting, take the avocado and banana out of the freezer and let it defrost slightly. Place all the ingredients in a food process and process until smooth, scrapping down the sides as you go. Scoop into serving dishes and serve immediately with some extra lime rind on the top.
- Freeze any leftovers (if there are any! 😉).
- Please note, the prep and cook times don't include freezing time.
This is the type of recipe that I share in my health and wellbeing membership, the Wicked Healthy Tribe. I created the Tribe as a one stop shop for all your health needs, to avoid overwhelm and to make healthy living easier, including an amazing community, a recipe vault with over 450+ recipes (catering for gluten and dairy intolerances), an exercise vault to work out from home, monthly challenges, monthly guest speakers and loads more. I'm welcoming new members in for the first time in 6 months from the 9-13th February so if you'd like to be the first to know so you don't miss out, register your interest HERE.