Asian Slaw w Sesame Ginger Dressing
This Asian Slaw is perfect for feeding a crowd, is a cheap salad to make (we love that with prices going through the roof!) and can be a complete meal if you add protein and avocado.
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 7-8 serves
- ⅓ c cashews, chopped
- 1 T sesame seeds, black or white
- 1 ½ c red cabbage, finely sliced
- 3 c green cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 c carrot, grated
- 1 corn cobb, kernels cut off
- ¼ c fresh coriander, finely chopped
- ¼ c fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
Sesame Ginger Dressing
- ¼ c rice wine vinegar
- 1 T maple syrup
- 2 t soy sauce, or Tamari if GF
- 1 t fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 T sesame oil
- a good grinding of salt and black pepper
- Asian Slaw: Toast the cashews and sesame seeds in a small pan over a low heat until lightly brown, tossing gently and keeping an eye on it so it doesn’t burn. Transfer to a plate to cool completely. Cover and store at room temperature until ready to serve (this can be done ahead of time).
- To make the slaw, combine the cabbage, carrots, corn, coriander, mint and spring onions in a large bowl and evenly mix. Cover and refrigerate until ready to dress and serve.
- To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients together in a small jar and shake to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to dress and serve.
- Place the Asian Slaw on a large serving dish, sprinkle over nuts and seeds and dress with the dressing. Store dressed slaw in an airtight container for up to 24 hours. Non-dressed slaw can be stored up to 5 days. Wonderful for feeding a crowd!
For other delicious recipes for the whole family for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, desserts and sweet treats, check out the RECIPES section.
If you've enjoyed this recipe and you want more healthy ideas, especially for snacks, grab my printable eBook, Quick Nutritious Energy Snacks which includes 5 tasty snack recipes for a great energy hit + 25 quick throw together snack ideas. Grab it HERE.
Leave A Comment