Chocolate Bark - Nutty & Seedy
This chocolate bark is the perfect healthy treat. Filled with good quality ingredients, and lots of nuts and seeds to suit your tastebuds, it's perfect to keep in the fridge or freezer for those times that you just need that pick me up!
Author: Wick Nixon
- ¼ c cacao butter
- ¼ c coconut oil (or use ½ c coconut oil)
- ¼ c cacao powder (needs to a be a good quality one)
- 2 T pure maple syrup
- ½ c chopped nuts (eg walnuts, brazil nuts, almonds, pistachios)
- 1 T goji berries
- 1 T thread coconut
- 1 T currants
- 1 T cacao nibs, optional
- To make the chocolate bark, Line a narrow loaf tin with baking paper place cacao butter and coconut oil (or all coconut oil if using) in a pot and melt over a gentle heat. Whisk in the cacao powder and maple syrup and stir until evenly blended. Note: If you don't use a good quality cocao powder, you'll find it won't stir into the coconut oil very well.
- Stir in the chopped nuts, goji berries, thread coconut and cacao nibs.
- Pour into the prepared loaf tin and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Once firm, cut into slices and store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
For other delicious recipes for the whole family for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, desserts and sweet treats, check out the RECIPES section.
Are you feeling confused, overwhelmed, and frustrated about what to eat? Stuck on the cravings roller coaster and need some practical advice to get you on the right track? Grab my brand new printable eBook, What Should I Eat? - your guide to start living healthier, making better choices, and feeling more satisfied. Grab your FREE eBook HERE.