Smoked Baba Ghanoush
Author: Wick Nixon
Recipe type: Snack, Nibble
Serves: 1½ c
- 2 small eggplants, cut in half lengthway
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ t salt
- juice and rind of 2 lemons
- 1 t smoked paprika
- 3 T tahini paste
- fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Lay the halved eggplants onto a baking tray lined with a baking sheet. Spray lightly with oil. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until soft. Remove and allow to cool.
- Either scoop out the flesh from the skin using a spoon and place all the ingredients in a food processor and mix until smooth (except the basil). Alternatively, use the whole eggplants, including the skin which gives a bit of extra texture.
- Transfer into a bowl, garnish with the basil leaves and serve with crackers.