Beetroot, Fennel & Carrot Salad
Author: Wick Nixon
Recipe type: Salad
- 4 medium beetroot, peeled and grated
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 ½ c red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, finely sliced
- ½ c fresh mint, finely chopped
- ¼ c currants
- ¼ c sunflower seeds
- ¼ c pumpkin seeds
- 2 T pomegranate molasses
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 3 T lemon juice
- 1 T maple syrup
- Lightly toast the sunflower and pumpkin seeds in a small pan over a low heat until slightly brown, shaking occasionally. Allow to cool.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the beetroot, carrot, red cabbage, fennel, mint and currants.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small container and shake to combine.
- Just before serving, drizzle the dressing over the top of the salad and sprinkle with the seeds.