Black Bean Hummus | 5 Minutes | Easy
This black bean hummus is a fabulous alternative to standard hummus. Serve with vegetable sticks or seedy crackers and it makes the perfect snack in the afternoon or on a nibbles platter to serve for guests. Black beans are a great source of protein and fibre so a great addition to your diet in any way, shape or form.
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 1½ cups
- 400gm can black beans, rinsed & drained, or 1 ½ c freshly cooked
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 T tahini paste (ground up sesame seeds)
- 2 T water
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 ½ t cumin powder
- ¼ t salt
- ½ c fresh coriander
- splash of apple cider vinegar, optional
- chilli flakes, optional
- ½ c spring onion, finely chopped
- To make the black bean hummus, mix all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add a splash of apple cider vinegar at the end if you require a bit more tang, and some chilli flakes if desired.
- Spoon into a bowl, garnish with some finely chopped spring onions and serve with toasted pita crisps, carrot sticks or seedy crackers for the perfect afternoon snack or add it to a nibbles platter when you have guests. Will last in the fridge for up to a week.
For other delicious recipes that the whole family will enjoy including breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks or sweet treats, head to the RECIPES section.
!If you're enjoying this recipe because you're gluten-free and haven't downloaded my 'Delicious Gluten-Free Day Recipe Guide' yet, grab it now before you forget – enjoy 5 quick and easy nutritious gluten-free recipes, including a breakfast, lunch, dinner, baking, snacks and a delicious dessert! Also includes a baking mix recipe & dairy-free alternatives for all the recipes!
Leave A Comment