Leek, Potato + Kumara Soup
Author: Wick Nixon
Recipe type: Soup, Lunch, Easy Dinner
Serves: Serves 5-6
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 medium leek, finely sliced, green part included
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large stalk of celery, finely sliced
- 2 medium kumara, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-2 sprigs thyme
- ½ t salt
- a good grinding of black pepper
- spring onion to serve
- In a large pot, melt the coconut oil and cook the leek, garlic and celery for 2-3 minutes until soft and celery is sweating.
- Add the kumara, potatoes, stock, bay leaf and thyme. Cover and bring to the boil, turn down to simmer and cook for 25-30 minutes until tender. Remove the bay leaf and thyme stalks.
- Using a stick blender, puree the mixture until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with finely sliced spring onions on the top and crusty toast or warm buns.
- Suitable to freeze once cold.
Leave A Comment