Creamy Coconut Garlic Mushrooms
These creamy coconut garlic mushrooms are absolutely divine, the perfect weekend brunch that will only take 10 minutes to make, yet will totally impress! Loaded with veggies, healthy fats and when served on grainy toast, are very satisfying and full of flavour. They're dairy free and gluten free so suitable for all those with allergies.
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 2 serves
- 1 T coconut oil or butter
- 12 large mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ⅓ c full-fat coconut milk
- 2 t fresh thyme (or ½ t dried)
- 2 t fresh oregano (or ½ t dried)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 T nutritional yeast (optional)
- a large handful of spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- a large handful of fresh basil, finely chopped
- To make the creamy coconut garlic mushrooms, heat the coconut oil or butter in a pan over medium-high heat. When melted, add the mushrooms and garlic. Sauté the mushrooms for about 3-5 minutes until they soften and begin to release their juices.
- Stir in the coconut milk, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to a simmer. Continue to cook for about another 3-5 minutes. Stir in the spinach leaves and basil and cook for another few minutes until just wilted.
- Lastly, stir in nutritional yeast if using. If you feel it needs a bit more sauce, add a dash more coconut milk as desired. Serve on grainy toast.
For other delicious recipes for the whole family for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, desserts and sweet treats, check out the RECIPES section.
If you've enjoyed this recipe and you want more healthy ideas, especially for more snacks, grab my printable eBook, Quick Nutritious Energy Snacks which includes 5 tasty snack recipes for a great energy hit + 25 quick throw together snack ideas. Grab it HERE.