Healthy Nacho’s w Mango Salsa >>
Author: Wick Nixon
Recipe type: Main, Beef
- 1-2 T coconut oil (I use Tanna Farms)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 t fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 400gm premium beef mince
- 400gm can brown lentils, drained & rinsed
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 large courgette, finely grated
- 1 large carrot, finely grated
- 1 t cumin powder
- 1 T lime juice
- 1 T tamari soy sauce (or normal)
- 1 beef stock pot (approx 2 t)
- ½ c water
- ½ t salt and a good grind of pepper
- 4 large spinach leaves, finely sliced
- 300gm bag unsalted corn chips (gluten free if necessary)
- grated cheese, (omit if dairy free)
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- ½ red pepper, cut into small pieces
- ½ yellow pepper, cut into small pieces
- 1 T lime juice
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, finely cut (optional)
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the beef mince and brown for 2-3 minutes. Add the brown lentils and tomatoes and cook for a further few minutes until the mince is cooked through.
- Add the grated zucchini, carrot, cumin powder, lime juice, soy sauce, beef stock and salt and pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes. If the mixture is too dry, add the ½ cup of water. Just before serving, add the spinach and cook until slightly wilted.
- Turn on the grill to high and place a grilling rack at the top of the oven.
- While waiting for the grill to heat up, combine all the salsa ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- To serve, start with a layer of nacho chips, then some mince mixture, then another layer of nacho chips, finishing with the mince layer. Spread with grated cheese (if desired) and melt under the grill briefly – keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn. Repeat for the rest of the meals. Serve with the salsa on the top.
What brand of corn chips do you use?
I use the Go Nuts brand… they’re delicious!
[…] Carrot & Apple Muffins Prune, Banana & Walnut Loaf Nut Free Protein Balls Kumara, Lentil & Coconut Soup Healthy Nachos […]