Buckwheat Chocolate Lollipops >>
Author: Wick Nixon
Recipe type: Snacks
- 2 c raw cashews
- ½ c pumpkin seeds
- 4 T cacao powder
- 4 medjool dates, (soaked in boiling water for 5 minutes and drained, leaving a small amount of water remaining to moisten up the mixture)
- 3 T pure maple syrup
- 1 t vanilla essence
- ½ – ¾ c sugar free chocolate drops
- 1 c buckwheat groats
- bamboo sticks, cut in half
- Place the first six ingredients in a food processor and process until finely chopped and evenly combined, the mixture should be quite smooth. Add some extra boiling water if the mixture is too dry. Roll into small balls and refrigerate overnight, or at least 2-3 hours.
- Place the sugar free chocolate drops in a pot, and place over another pot of simmering water. Stir until melted. (Make sure you don’t get any water in the chocolate as it may separate).
- Place a chocolate ball into the melted chocolate & roll it until evenly coated. Push in a bamboo stick and then remove. Roll in the buckwheat groats and use your hands to sprinkle the groats over the part closest to the stick.
- Repeat until all the balls are done. Leave some without the buckwheat groats for the kids if they’d prefer.
- Refrigerate until cold and the chocolate has set.
Leave A Comment