Crispy Polenta Chicken Tacos
- 450gm chicken thighs or chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- ½ c flour (or rice flour if GF)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 c instant fine polenta (alternatively, you could use wholemeal breadcrumbs)
- 10-12 taco shells
- 2-3 T oil
- avocado, sliced
- sliced tomato
- sliced cucumber
- finely sliced lettuce
- grated carrot
- Toss the chicken in the flour and shake off excess. Dip in egg. Roll in polenta. Arrange on a tray and chill until ready to cook.
- Warm taco shells in oven according to packet directions.
- Heat oil in a large fry pan over a medium heat and cook in 2 batches, 2-3 minutes each side, until crispy and cooked through, drain on a paper towel.
- Fill tacos will chosen fillings and chicken, cut up into strips and drizzle over mayonnaise or cashew cream sauce.