Fast Fish Curry
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 5 serves
- 2 T oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 T grated fresh ginger
- 2 t ground cardamom
- 2 t ground cumin
- 2 t curry powder
- 2 t ground turmeric
- 1 T garam masala
- 400g can coconut cream
- 400g can chopped tomatoes in juice
- 600g medium firm fish fillets (I used hoki), cut into 3cm cubes
- juice of ½ lime
- brown rice or cauliflower rice
- thread coconut
- 1 red chilli
- lime quarters, to serve
- coriander leaves, to serve
- Cook rice according to packet instructions or cook cauliflower rice.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based fry pan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until soft. Add the garlic, ginger, cardamom, cumin, curry powder, turmeric and garam masala. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes, or until the spices are fragrant.
- Stir in the coconut cream and then the tomatoes. Bring to the boil, and then add the fish.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring gently, until the fish is cooked.
- Serve over rice or cauliflower rice with the coriander, coconut, chilli and lime wedges.
Leave A Comment