Thai Beef Salad
Either serve this on black bean spaghetti noodles or vermicelli rice noodles.
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 5 serves
- 180gm black bean noodles or vermicelli rice noodles
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 ½ c lettuce, or spinach, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cucumber, cut into batons
- ½ c mint, finely chopped
- ½ c coriander, finely chopped
- 4 pieces of sirloin steak, or grilling steak
- ½ t salt
- a good grinding of black pepper
- 1 T oil
- 2 t fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 T soy sauce, Tamari if GF
- 2 T lime juice, or lemon juice
- 1 ½ T maple syrup
- 2 t sesame oil
- 1 green chilli, optional
- fresh coriander or mint
- Cover the vermicelli noodles in a flat dish with boiling water and soak for five minutes. Drain and refresh under cold water. Set aside. Alternatively, cook the black bean noodles according to packet instructions, but allow 10 minutes.
- Combine the grated carrot, lettuce, red pepper, cucumber and herbs in a bowl. Add the noodles and stir to combine.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based fry pan (or heat the barbecue), salt and pepper the steak and cook on both sides for 2-3 minutes, until just tender. Remove and let it rest for five minutes. Slice finely.
- While the steak is cooking, combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad just before serving and serve with the sliced steak over the top, with chilli, if using and fresh herbs.
Leave A Comment