Beef & Mint Burgers w Roasted Vege
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 5 serves
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into quarters (or finely chopped if no food processor)/
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped (or finely chopped if no food processor)
- 500 gm premium beef mince
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- a large handful of spinach, roughly chopped (or finely chopped if no food processor)
- a large handful of fresh mint leaves, stalked removed (or finely chopped if no food processor)
- 1 t cumin powder
- 2 T Worcestershire sauce
- a good grinding of salt and black pepper
- 2 T oil
- wholemeal or wholegrain burger buns
- cheese slices
- grated carrot
- avocado slices
- rocket or lettuce leaves
- cucumber slices
- tomato slices
- mayo or cashew cream
- 2-3 medium potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 2-3 medium kumara, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 1 T oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 C fan-bake. In a bowl, drizzle the oil over the kumara and potato, season with salt and pepper and toss to evenly cover. Place in a baking dish and cook until brown and crispy, 30-35 minutes. Turn oven onto a high grill.
- While the potatoes and kumara are cooking, place all the burger patties ingredients (except oil) in a food processor (or do it in a bowl instead, just make sure everything is finely chopped) and blend until combined. Form into patties and place on a plate. Should make 5-6 patties.
- Cut the burger buns in half, lay over the cheese slices on the top half and place on a baking tray.
- Prepare all other ingredients for the burger fillings.
- To cook the burger patties, heat some oil in a fry pan and cook on both sides for 3-4 minutes until browned and cooked through. Alternatively cook on a barbecue.
- In the last few minutes, grill the buns until the cheese has melted. Place all the ingredients on the table so everyone can build their own.