Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai
If you prefer, you could use Pad Thai noodles in stead of the zucchini noodles. Cook according to packet instructions and add instead of the zucchini noodles.
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 5 Serves
- ¼ c peanuts, finely chopped (omit if nut free), reserve some for garnish
- 1 ½ T oil
- 400gm chicken, cut into small pieces (if you’re vegetarian, omit the chicken or use tofu instead)
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- ½ red pepper, cut into strips
- ½ yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large handful of coriander, finely chopped, reserve some for garnish
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 5 zucchinis, spiralised or shaved into ribbons, using a vegetable peeler
- 1 green or red chilli, finely chopped, optional
Pad Thai Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 T ginger, finely chopped
- 2 T soy sauce (use GF if necessary)
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 T maple syrup
- a good grinding of salt and pepper
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat a fry pan or wok over a medium heat, add ½ T of oil and toast the peanuts until lightly browned, remove and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok or fry pan. Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes. Add the spring onion, red and yellow pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini noodles, coriander and peanuts and sauce and cook for a further 2 minutes, until just tender.
- Serve immediately with some sliced chilli over the top, some coriander leaves and extra peanuts. Season with extra salt and pepper if desired.