Broccoli Cauliflower Rice | Quick
This broccoli cauliflower rice is super easy and a fantastic option if you're trying to increase your vegetable intake, or reduce your carbs. There are so many different variations of flavours you can add, or you can just keep it plain and enjoy as it is. Great to do in bulk and get extra into the freezer!
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 4-5 serves
- ½ medium broccoli cut into florets
- ½ medium cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 T coconut oil or butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- a good grinding of salt and pepper
- ½ t turmeric powder for added health benefits (and an Indian flavour)
- 1-2 t nutritional yeast flakes (for a cheesy flavour, or use parmesan cheese)
- 1-2 t lemon zest (for a lemony flavour)
- ¼ - ½ c coconut milk
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped (for a onion flavour)
- a large handful of herbs, parsley, mint, basil (for extra goodness, lovely if kept raw)
- To make the broccoli cauliflower rice, rinse the broccoli & cauliflower and remove excess water. Place in a food processor and process until it resembles small grains of rice - make sure you don't process it too fine. If you don't have a food processor, you can use your grater or a large knife to cut finely.
- Melt the coconut oil or butter in a pot and saute the broccoli and cauliflower rice for 1 minute. Add in the water and salt and pepper, put the lid on a cook on a low heat for 2-3 minutes. The ‘rice’ is nicer if it retains a little bite and texture, similar to rice so be careful not to over cook. Stir though any optional extras you choose. Serve immediately.
- Note: You can freeze the broccoli and cauliflower rice raw in a bag, or you can freeze it in individual serving sizes.
!For other delicious recipes that the whole family will enjoy including breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks or sweet treats, head to the RECIPES section.
If you've enjoyed this recipe and you want more healthy ideas, especially for snacks, grab my BRAND NEW eBook, Quick Nutritious Energy Snacks which includes 5 tasty snack recipes for a great energy hit + 25 quick throw together snack ideas. Grab it HERE.