Chocolate Berry Smoothie Bowl
A smoothie bowl is very similar to a smoothie, but served in a bowl and is a lot thicker. You can add lots of different toppings to make it more like a meal. I really like to add some crunch, to complement the texture of the smoothie. Another lovely addition is some high quality home-made or store-bought granola which really compliments the dish. When choosing your ingredients, make sure you're including some form of protein, healthy fats and vegetables to keep you sustained, and ensuring it's not just fruit based which will spike your blood sugar levels.
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 1 serve
- 1 frozen banana
- ⅓ c frozen blueberries
- 1 T nut butter (I used almond butter)
- 1 medjool date, pitted
- 1 t vanilla essence (or ¼ t vanilla powder)
- ½ c coconut water
- optional: ¼ avocado, a few spinach leaves, a chunk of cucumber, a scoop of protein powder, a few spoonfuls of natural greek yoghurt
- sliced banana
- pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- cacao nibs
- coconut flakes
- To make the smoothie bowl, blend all the smoothie ingredients in a high speed blender or Nutri-bullet until smooth - it should be quite a thick texture. Pour into a bowl and arrange toppings over the top and serve immediately. You can vary the toppings to accomodate what you have in your cupboards or to accomodate your tastes preferences.
For other delicious recipes that the whole family will enjoy including breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks or sweet treats, head to the RECIPES section.
If you've enjoyed this recipe and you want more healthy ideas, especially for snacks, grab my BRAND NEW printable eBook, Quick Nutritious Energy Snacks which includes 5 tasty snack recipes for a great energy hit (this being one of them) + 25 quick throw together snack ideas. Grab it HERE.
Leave A Comment