Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3 bananas, ripe, mashed
- ⅓ c coconut sugar
- 100 g melted butter (use coconut oil if dairy free)
- 1 egg
- 2 T milk
- ¾ c spelt flour (or can use standard flour)
- ½ c wholemeal flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- ½ c sugar free chocolate chips or 72% dark chocolate bits
- Grease a 12-hole standard muffin pan or line with paper cases.
- In a bowl, place mashed bananas, coconut sugar, melted butter, egg and milk and stir to combine.
- Add the spelt flour, wholemeal flour, baking powder, baking soda and chocolate chips into the banana mixture and lightly fold the mixture together until just combined. Over mixing will cause the muffins to be heavy and not very light.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin trays and bake for 15 or 20 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin trays before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container in the pantry for 2-3 days or they're suitable to freeze. There's no need to defrost them before they go in the kids lunchboxes, by the time they eat them they would have defrosted by themselves.