Anzac Biscuits | Healthy
These delicious Anzac biscuits are a perfect addition to your kids lunchboxes. Swapping out a couple of ingredients from a standard Anzac biscuit gives these a healthier spin, without loosing the delicious flavour. Use spelt flour instead of white flour, coconut sugar instead of white sugar, and the goodness of the rolled oats makes these a great snack! The recipe is suitable to double and freeze so perfect to batch cook and set yourself up for a couple of weeks!
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 15 biscuits
- ½ c fine rolled oats
- ⅓ c coconut sugar
- 1 c desiccated coconut
- 1 c spelt flour
- ½ t baking soda
- 1 t vanilla essence
- 2 T honey, melted
- 100 ml coconut oil, melted
- 2 T boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 180˚ C and line a baking tray with a baking sheet.
- Add all the dry ingredients into a bowl and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
- Gently mix the two lots of ingredients together. Using wet hands, roll the mixture into balls (ensuring the mixture is sticky enough that it holds together, add a little more water if needed) and place on the tray.
- Press down very gently with a damp fork and bake for 10-12 minutes until biscuits are golden. Remove from the oven and let the biscuits cool on a wire rack. They will firm up as they cool.
- Makes approximately 15 biscuits.
For more delicious recipes that your whole family can enjoy, whether it's healthy dinners, desserts, breakfasts, check out all my recipes on my recipes page.
Leave A Comment