Raw Black Bean Fudge
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 20 pieces
- 400gm can black beans, drained and rinsed (you could also use red kidney beans)
- 2 T maple syrup
- 4 T cacao powder
- ¼ c coconut oil, melted
- 1 t vanilla essence
- a pinch of sea salt
- ¼ walnuts, roughly chopped (omit if nut free)
- sprinkle of cacao nibs, optional
- Line a small square or rectangle loaf tin with baking paper or a baking sheet. Place all the ingredients into a food processor (except the walnuts and cacao nibs) and blend until completely smooth. Scrape down the sides with a spatula a couple of times as you go.
- Remove centre blade from the food processor and stir in the walnuts (or transfer to another bowl if necessary).
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and sprinkle the cacao nibs on top if using. Place in the freezer for 1-2 hours to set. Remove from the freezer and transfer to a chopping board and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Best kept in the fridge, or in the freezer for a fudgey frozen treat.