Slow Cooker Chicken Satay
This slow cooker chicken satay is brilliant to put on in the morning and come home to a wonderfully fragrant house with dinner practically made. It’s also great for feeding a crowd or making extra for lunch or another meal.
Author: Wick Nixon
- 1 c coconut milk
- 1 c chicken stock
- ⅓ c crunchy peanut butter (tahini if NF)
- 2 T soy sauce (Tamari if GF)
- 2 T honey
- 1 T rice wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 T ginger, finely chopped
- 1 red or yellow pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless skinless, cut into 1 cm chunk
- ½ t salt and a good grinding of black pepper
- 2 T flour, mixed with ¼ c water (rice flour if GF)
- 1 T lime juice
- chopped peanuts or cashews, lightly roasted (omit if NF)
- fresh coriander, finely chopped
- lime quarters
- rice or cauliflower rice
- steamed veggies
- To a large slow cooker, add the coconut milk, chicken stock, peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar, garlic, ginger, red or yellow pepper, and stir until combined (the peanut butter will still be a bit chunky but it will soften over time). Lastly, add the chicken and stir until evenly combined.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. In the last 20 minutes, combine the lime juice, rice flour and water mixture together and gently stir into the slow cooker. Cook for an additional 20 minute or until the sauce is thickened.
- Depending on what you’re serving it with, cook according to packet directions. If serving with steamed veggies, place in a steamer and cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Just before serving, season with salt and pepper and serve with rice or cauliflower rice and steamed veggies on the side if desired.
- Garnish with desired toppings like chopped peanuts, coriander and extra lime quarters.
For other delicious recipes that the whole family will enjoy including breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks or sweet treats, head to the RECIPES section.
Do you need some more healthy winter dinner recipes for the whole family?
Grab my FREE Download: Healthy 'Family Friendly Weekday Dinners' ebook and use your slow cooker to get you through the winter ☘️ Get more hidden veggies into your kids ☘️ Double and freeze recipes ☘️ Prep ahead recipes ☘️ It's all in here! CLICK HERE to grab it right now.