Roasted Pumpkin & Cumin Hummus
- 500gms diced fresh pumpkin, skin removed
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 t ground cumin
- ¼ t chilli flakes (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 400gm can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (or 1½ c freshly cooked)
- 2-3 T tahini paste
- 2 t pure maple syrup for just a touch of flavour
- 2 - 4 T olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- ½ - 1 t salt
- lightly toasted pumpkin seeds to serve
- tortilla chips, crackers or toasted pita bread
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- In a bowl, toss together the pumpkin, oil, cumin and chilli flakes if using. Place in a baking dish with the garlic and roast for 30-40 minutes or until the edges of the pumpkin and garlic have become a little darkened.
- Place the pumpkin, garlic and chickpeas in a food processor along with the tahini, olive oil, maple syrup, lemon juice and salt. Blend until smooth, adding more olive oil as necessary. Add more tahini, maple syrup and salt to taste and add some extra water until desired consistency.
- Scoop into a serving bowl, drizzle with some olive oil and sprinkle with some pumpkin seeds.
- Serve with chips, crackers or toasted pita bread.