Roasted Pumpkin & Cumin Hummus
This roasted pumpkin and cumin hummus is a great alternative to normal hummus, especially when pumpkins are in season and so flavoursome. Store it in an airtight container in the fridge and serve with vegetable sticks or crackers/chips. Vary the flavour by adding more chilli, or some fresh herbs.
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 2 cups
- 500gms diced fresh pumpkin, skin removed
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 t ground cumin
- ¼ t chilli flakes (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 400gm can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (or 1½ c freshly cooked)
- 2-3 T tahini paste
- 2 t pure maple syrup for just a touch of flavour
- 2 - 4 T olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- ½ - 1 t salt
- lightly toasted pumpkin seeds to serve
- tortilla chips, crackers or toasted pita bread
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- In a bowl, toss together the pumpkin, oil, cumin and chilli flakes if using. Place in a baking dish with the garlic and roast for 30-40 minutes or until the edges of the pumpkin and garlic have become a little darkened.
- Place the pumpkin, garlic and chickpeas in a food processor along with the tahini, olive oil, maple syrup, lemon juice and salt. Blend until smooth, adding more olive oil as necessary. Add more tahini, maple syrup and salt to taste and add some extra water until desired consistency.
- Scoop into a serving bowl, drizzle with some olive oil and sprinkle with some pumpkin seeds.
- Serve with chips, crackers or toasted pita bread.
This is the type of recipe that I share in the Wicked Healthy Tribe which is an accountability and support group for woman keen to introduce some healthy eating and exercise routines into their day. For 6 weeks, it's an opportunity to put yourself first instead of being at the bottom of the ladder, prioritising your needs and goals, amongst an amazing sisterhood of ladies all on the same journey as you. We'd love you to join us - we're starting on Monday, 19th Feb, 2018. Head to www.wickedwellbeing.com/wht for more information and to jump on board - earlybird special is only $49 for the whole 6 weeks! 🙂
Leave A Comment