Easy Cloud Bread
This Easy Cloud Bread recipe makes about 6-8 buns. Using only 3 initial ingredients, it's super quick and easy to make, yielding a gorgeous light and fluffy bun that can be used instead of bread. Or serve in your kids lunchboxes as a sandwich alternative. Vary the flavour of the easy cloud bread by sprinkling dried herbs or parmesan cheese over the top. For more healthy lunchbox ideas, check out my Healthy Lunchbox Love cookbook
Author: Wick Nixon
- 3 eggs, at room temperature, separated
- ⅛ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 85gms cream cheese, not softened
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Separate the eggs into two bowls.
- Add the cream of tartar to the egg whites and whip into stiff peaks.
- Add the cream cheese into the yolks and using a hand mixer, blend until combined and smooth.
- Fold half of the egg whites into the yolks until just combined. Add the rest and fold again until incorporated but still light and fluffy - you don't want the egg whites to loose their fluffiness.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper or use a baking sheet and place six to eight dollops of the mixture on the tray. Spread out the circles with a spatula to about 1 cm thick.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool on the tray for a couple of minutes and then transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve as burger buns as a gluten free alternative to bread, with whipped cream and chia seed jam instead of scones or where-ever your tastebuds take you!
For more healthy recipes and different ideas to try for yourself, your family or your kids lunchboxes, head to the recipes section on my website.