Feijoa & Banana Walnut Loaf >>
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 12 slices
- 1 c feijoa pulp, remove as much liquid as possible
- 1 large ripe banana
- 80gm coconut oil, melted (I use Tanna Farms)
- 2 T pure maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 t vanilla essence
- 1 c spelt flour
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- ½ t ground nutmeg
- ¼ t ground cloves
- 1 t baking powder
- ½ c coconut sugar
- ½ c chopped walnuts
Gluten free: Omit spelt flour and replace with ½ c quinoa flour and ½ c gluten free flour mix. Add 1 t guar gum.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Process the banana and feijoa pulp in a food processor until smooth (or mash with a fork). Add the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, egg and vanilla essence and process until combined.
- Sift together all the dry ingredients into a bowl and add the coconut sugar.
- Gently fold wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, add the walnuts and stir until just combined, don’t over mix.
- Pour into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a rack.
Note: I highly recommend using Tanna Farms coconut oil for this recipe. To check out their products (they now do a bulk tub of coconut oil) and to access a 20% discount, head to www.tannafarms.co.nz and use the code 'wickedoil' on checkout. Enjoy!
For more healthy lunchbox and snack ideas, check out the 21 Day Marvelous Lunchbox Makeover cookbook