Avocado Chocolate Smoothie
A chocolate avocado smoothie is creamy and delicious way to start your day! Make this healthy smoothie for breakfast, or as an afternoon snack for when those chocolate cravings hit. It’s a great serve of healthy fats, fibre and protein.
Author: Wick Nixon
- 1 ½ - 2 c almond milk, coconut water or milk of choice, approx. (use as much to desired consistency)
- 1 cup ice
- 1 ripe banana, frozen and slightly thawed
- ½ avocado
- 2 T nut butter (or peanut butter)
- 2 T raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 2-3 dates
- 1 T LSA
- 1 T chia seeds
- Cacco nibs or grated chocolate to garnish
To make the chocolate avocado smoothie, blend all the ingredients in a blender or nutribullet until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Optional ideas: add a scoop of your favourite protein powder
- A handful of greens (like spinach or baby kale)
To make it nut free:
- Use coconut or oat milk and swap out the nut-butter for tahini.
For other delicious recipes for the whole family for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, desserts and sweet treats, check out the RECIPES section.
If you've enjoyed this recipe and you want more healthy ideas, especially for snacks, grab my printable eBook, Quick Nutritious Energy Snacks which includes 5 tasty snack recipes for a great energy hit + 25 quick throw together snack ideas. Grab it HERE.
Leave A Comment