Zucchini & Asparagus Salad
Author: Wick Nixon
- 2 zucchinis, grated
- ½ t sea salt
- 10 spears asparagus, blanched and cut into small pieces
- ½ c mint, finely chopped
- ½ c parsley, finely chopped
- 150gms fat reduced feta, crumbled (or goats feta if dairy free)
- large bunch spinach, finely chopped
- ¼ c sliced almonds
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 T olive oil
- rind and juice of two lemons
- salt and pepper
- Place the grated zucchinis in a colander and sprinkle lightly with salt. Leave for 20 minutes which will draw out an excess moisture. Squeeze any excess moisture out of the zucchinis.
- Combine all the ingredients together and serve. Adjust the amount of lemon juice according to your tastes.