Veggie Loaded Omelette
This omelette recipe is so flexible, you can load it with whatever veggies and herbs you've got in the garden or fridge. If you are dairy free, you can swap the grated cheese out for nutritional yeast flakes. This is a great satisfying lunch idea.
Author: Wick Nixon
- 2 eggs
- ¼ c milk (use dairy free if required)
- ¼ c grated cheese (or 2 T nutritional yeast flakes if dairy free)
- 1 t whole grain mustard
- 1 t pesto
- 1 small grated carrot
- 1 c spinach, finely chopped
- 1 small spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 T parsley or basil, finely chopped
- ½ t salt
- a good grinding of black pepper
- a drizzle of olive or coconut oil for cooking
- To make the omelette, whisk the eggs and milk together in a bowl, and season with the salt and pepper. Then add in the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
- Turn the oven onto a high grill.
- Heat the oil in a small fry pan over a medium heat on the stove. Pour in the omelette mixture and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the bottom has cooked well. Transfer to the grill and cook for another 2-3 minutes until browned on top and set.
- Serve the omelette immediately with extra spring onions on the top, and a side of salad if desired.
For other delicious recipes for the whole family for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, desserts and sweet treats, check out the RECIPES section.
If you've enjoyed this recipe and you want more healthy ideas, especially for snacks, grab my printable eBook, Quick Nutritious Energy Snacks which includes 5 tasty snack recipes for a great energy hit + 25 quick throw together snack ideas. Grab it HERE.