Three Bean Nachos
Author: Wick Nixon
Recipe type: Dinner, Lunch, Leftovers
Serves: 5 serves
- ½ T olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 t ground cumin powder
- 400gm can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 400gm can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 400gm can cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 400gm can tomato puree
- 1 T tomato paste
- 2-3 teaspoons of Nutrient Rescue Green Shot powder
- ½ t salt and a good grinding of pepper
- natural nacho chips (or quinoa & chia chips)
- sliced avocado to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pot over a medium heat, add the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the cumin powder. Cook for one minute until fragrant.
- Add the drained black beans, red kidney beans, cannellini beans, tomato puree and tomato paste and bring to a gentle simmer, stirring frequently to lift any extra goodness that might have stuck to the bottom of the pan. Simmer for 10 minutes until the flavours have combined. Season with salt and pepper. Just before serving, stir in 2-3 teaspoons of Nutrient Rescue Green Shot powder.
- Turn on the grill to high and place a grilling rack at the top of the oven.
- To serve, put a layer of nacho chips on a plate, then some bean mixture and a sprinkling of grated cheese (if desired). Melt under the grill briefly – keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn. Repeat for the rest of the meals. Serve immediately with the sliced avocado on the side.
Note: For more information or to order some Nutrient Rescue Shot Powder, go to www.nutrientrescue.nz/wn1 (it's not hyper linked) and receive a 15% discount off your full order.
Leave A Comment