Thai Beef Salad >>
Author: Wick Nixon
Recipe type: Main, Beef
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1½ c lettuce leaves, finely chopped
- ½ red pepper, finely sliced
- ½ yellow pepper, finely sliced
- ¼ cucumber, cut into battons
- 1 avocado, cut into small chunks
- ½ c mint, finely chopped
- 180 gms vermicelli noodles
- 4 pieces of sirloin steak
- ½ t sea salt
- ¼ t freshly ground black pepper
- ½ – 1 T sesame oil
- ½ c raw cashew pieces (omit if nut free)
- 1 green chilli, (optional)
- ¼ c coriander, finely chopped
- 2 T tamari soy sauce
- 1 T lime juice
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 t sesame oil
- 1 t fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Cover the vermicelli noodles in a flat dish with boiling water and soak for five minutes. Drain and refresh under cold water. Set aside.
- Toast the cashew nuts in a dry pan until lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the grated carrot, lettuce, red and yellow pepper, cucumber and herbs in a bowl. Add the vermicelli noodles and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Heat the sesame oil in a heavy based frying pan, salt and pepper the steak on both sides and cook for 2-3 minutes each side, until just tender. Remove and let it stand for five minutes. Slice finely.
- While the steak is cooking, combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad and serve with the sliced beef on top. Add the chilli and extra coriander at the end if desired, finishing with toasted cashew pieces.
Leave A Comment