Sundried Tomato & Olive Cucumber Bites
These festive nibbles are so quick and easy to make, they're delicious, look amazing and will make you look like a kitchen goddess. This is the only recipe you'll need up your sleeve this festive season! 😉
Author: Wick Nixon
Recipe type: Snack, Nibble
Serves: 1¼ c
- ¾ small jar of sundried tomatoes, drained
- 235gm jar of pimento stuffed green olives, drained
- 1 medium spring onion, roughly chopped
- 7-8 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped, extra for garnish, or 1 teaspoon of basil pesto
- 50gm feta, crumbled
- To make the cucumber bites, place the sundried tomatoes, olives, spring onion and basil or pesto in a food processor and process until combined, the mixture should be reasonably smooth, with a slight texture. Cut cucumber rounds about ½ cm thick and using a teaspoon, scoop out a small amount of the flesh to create a small hollow. Spoon the sundried tomato and olive mixture on top, finish off with some crumbled feta and an extra basil leaf to garnish. Serve on a platter. Or serve in a mound of all the mixture with feta sprinkled over the top with gluten free crackers or grainy crackers on the side. Delicious!!
- These cucumber rounds can be made a head of time during the day and stored in the fridge. Or you could make the cucumber rounds and the mixture the night before and put together on the day.
For other delicious recipes for the whole family for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, desserts and sweet treats, check out the RECIPES section.
If you've enjoyed this recipe and you want more healthy ideas, especially for snacks, grab my printable eBook, Quick Nutritious Energy Snacks which includes 5 tasty snack recipes for a great energy hit + 25 quick throw together snack ideas. Grab it HERE.