Strawberry Frozen Yoghurt
This divine Strawberry Frozen Yoghurt is a perfect after-school snack or healthy dessert to get your munchkins eating more fruit. When strawberries aren't in season, swap them out for your favourite fruit that you know your kids will love! If you're dairy free, swap out the natural yoghurt for coconut yoghurt instead. Ideally, when you're freezing the strawberries, try and keep them separate so they don't freeze in a large clump, otherwise it's quite hard on your food processor.
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 3 serves
- 1 c fresh strawberries, frozen overnight (cut large ones into smaller pieces first)
(avoid store-bought pre-frozen strawberries – they don’t taste as good)
- ¾ c natural greek yoghurt (or coconut yoghurt if dairy free), frozen overnight in ice cube trays
- 1 t vanilla essence
- 2 T honey, melted
- Optional extras: fresh diced strawberries, dark chocolate, finely chopped, and/or fresh mint to serve
- In a blender or food processor, blitz the frozen strawberries, frozen yoghurt, vanilla, and honey together. Scrape down the sides as you go and continue blending until well combined and creamy.
- Scoop mixture out and serve immediately in small bowls.
- Top with fresh diced strawberries and/or dark chocolate and/or fresh mint if you wish.
Note: this can be blended and frozen in individual serving bowls ahead of time then allowed to soften for about 10 minutes at room temperature before serving.
For more afterschool snack ideas and healthy lunchbox recipes, check out my Healthy Lunchbox Love cookbook, my 21 Day Marvellous Lunchbox Makeover cookbook or the bundle option HERE.
At Wicked Wellbeing, I'm all about Healthy Eating Made Easy. I'd love to encourage you back into the kitchen, to create food from scratch that is not only healthy, but super easy and delicious at the same time! With three young children of my own, I get that you're time poor and need quick and easy recipes to call on that the whole family loves. That's my mission... join me on this journey by starting with this Strawberry Frozen Yoghurt.