Roasted Tomato, Red Pepper & Basil Soup
Author: Wick Nixon
Recipe type: Soup
Serves: Serves 4
- 1.2kg tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ red peppers, halved, seeds removed
- generous drizzle of olive oil
- 1 t salt
- a good grinding of black pepper
- ½ T oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 c chicken stock
- 2 t fresh oreganum, finely chopped
- 2 c fresh basil, roughly chopped (extra leaves to garnish)
- 2 t worchestershire sauce
- extra seasoning if required
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Put the tomatoes and red pepper in a large baking tray, drizzle with the first quantity of oil and salt and roast for 40 minutes.
- In a large pot, heat the second quantity of oil over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, chicken stock, fresh oreganum, basil and worcestershire sauce. Bring to the boil, cover, reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Blend using a stick blender or food processor until smooth. Add extra seasoning if required.
- Serve with crusty gluten free bread and extra basil leaves to garnish.
Leave A Comment