Roasted Pumpkin, Garlic & Cauliflower Soup
Author: Wick Nixon
Recipe type: Soup
- 500g pumpkin, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 500g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 t cumin powder
- ½ t chilli flakes, optional
- drizzle of oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 ½ c vegetable stock
- 300 mls coconut milk
- ½ t salt and a good grinding of pepper
- a large bunch of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- fresh coriander leaves
- coconut flakes, optional
- extra sprinkle of chilli flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Place pumpkin and cauliflower florets into a large pot, add oil, cumin powder, chilli powder if using and toss evenly. Pour onto a baking tray and add garlic and onion.
- Roast for 30 mins or until tender.
- Cool for a few minutes and then transfer back to large pot, gently squeezing the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins.
- Add the stock and coconut milk and using a stick blender (or use a food processor), process until smooth. Add more water if necessary to achieve desired consistency. Gently heat until just comes to a boil. Just before serving, stir through the fresh coriander.
- Serve immediately with some extra fresh coriander on top and a sprinkling of coconut flakes and extra chilli flakes if desired,, with grainy toast on the side. I recommend My New Roots Life Changing Bread.
- For more healthy recipes suitable for the whole family, check out the RECIPES section on my website.