Roasted Cajun Chicken Salad
Author: Wick Nixon
Recipe type: Salad
- 2 roasted cajun chicken breasts, finely sliced (or plain roasted chicken breasts)
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 10 beans, blanched for 30 seconds in boiling water & cut into 2 cm pieces
- 2 T currants
- 2 T sesame seeds
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- a large handful of rocket leaves, roughly torn
- 10 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped (extra leaves for garnish)
- 2 T peanut butter
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 2 t sesame oil
- 2 t pure maple syrup
- ¼ t salt
- a good grinding of black pepper
- 2-3 T water (optional)
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a bowl, excluding the chicken.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a shaker bottle and shake until evenly combined. Add the water if the mixture is too thick.
- Distribute the salad evenly between the plates, place the chicken on the top and just before serving, drizzle with the dressing. Garnish with extra fresh basil.