Raspberry & Passionfruit Muffins
These delicious raspberry & passionfruit muffins are the perfect addition to any lunchbox. Suitable to vary the fruit depending on what you have on hand, they're gluten-free, dairy-free and can be made egg and nut free so they're a winner for everyone.
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 12 muffins
- 1 c raspberries (I used frozen)
- 4 medium passionfruit, pulped
- 2 c gluten-free baking mix, or 2 c plain flour (or 1 c plain flour & 1 c wholemeal flour)
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ c coconut sugar or brown sugar (of if you like it slightly sweeter, add ½ c)
- 2 eggs (use two flax eggs if dairy free)
- 1 c milk, or nut milk if dairy free
- 3 T coconut oil or neutral flavoured oil
- 1 t vanilla essence
- ½ c white chocolate drops, dairy free if required, optional
- slivered almonds for top, omit if nut free
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Prepare a 12 holed muffin tray with muffin liners.
- To make the Raspberry & Passionfruit Muffins, sift the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and gently stir through the raspberries.
- In a separate bowl mix all the wet ingredients together, including the passionfruit pulp.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients, along with the white chocolate drops if using, then gently stir to combine (don’t over-mix).
- Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin trays about ¾ fill.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the muffin tray for 5 minutes before moving onto a cooling rack to completely cool. Store in an airtight container in the cupboard for 1-2 days or to retain freshness, freeze and take out as required. Perfect for school lunchboxes!
For other delicious recipes that the whole family will enjoy including breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks or sweet treats, head to the RECIPES section.
If you're enjoying this recipe because you're gluten-free and haven't taken my FUN & QUICK QUIZ yet to discover how to go from a gluten-free newbie to a healthy gluten-free guru, CLICK HERE, it only takes a couple of minutes and will give you direction and actions on where to start to build your confidence and knowledge around healthy gluten-free eating! Let's have a bit of fun! 👏