Perfect Stovetop Popcorn
Popcorn is incredibly moorish and a healthy snack, but cooking it in the microwave is not the healthiest option and after often burning my stovetop cooking varieties, I was astounded when my husband was able to achieve perfectly cooked popcorn in a pot! In this recipe, I share the method we now use to achieve perfectly cooked popcorn.
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 3 cups
- 2 T oil (I use olive oil)
- ½ c corn kernels + 3 corn kernels
- nutritional yeast flakes (brewers yeast flakes) or
- coconut sugar ground to a powder in the Nurit-Bullet or
- icing sugar
- Turn on your element to a low to medium heat. Pour the oil into a large pot, place on the element and add the 3 kernels. Put the lid on the pot and wait for them to pop (will take 1-2 minutes). Remove from the element and stand for 30 seconds (with lid still on).
- Pour in the remaining corn kernels, place lid back on, put back on the element and wait until fully popped, this will only take a minute or so. When the kernels stop popping, this is when they're done.
- Remove off the element and pour into a bowl. Sprinkle with your chosen topping while still warm so it sticks to the popcorn. Store in an airtight container once cool.
For other delicious snacks, breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert recipes for the whole family, check out the RECIPES section on my website.