Peanut Butter Chocolate Bites
- 1 c desiccated coconut
- 7 medjool dates, pitted and soaked in boiling water for 5 minutes, drained
- ½ c sunflower seeds
- ¼ c coconut oil, melted (1st quantity)
- 1 t peanut butter per cupcake
- ¼ c coocnut oil (2nd quantity)
- ¼ c cacao powder
- 2 T pure maple syrup
- Coconut shavings
- Pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- Buckwheat groats
- Line a 12 holed muffin tray with muffin liners.
- To make the base, place all ingredients in a food processor and process until soft and well combined. Firmly press approximately a tablespoon of mixture into the liners with a spoon.
- Place a teaspoon of peanut butter on top of each and using a damp spoon, evenly spread over the base. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Melt the second quantity of coconut oil in a pot over a medium heat, add the cacao powder and maple syrup and whisk until smooth.
- Pour a tablespoon of the chocolate over the chilled mixture and finish off with your chosen toppings (or leave plain). Place back into the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour to set.
- Serve chilled as a dessert or a sneaky easter treat! Store leftovers in the fridge.