Orange & Mango Coconut Ice Cream Recipe
With mango's in season at the moment, this is a gorgeous healthy ice cream recipe that you can whip up in the holidays or that the kids could even make themselves. You can also vary the flavours to suit your families tastebuds with whatever fruit is in season.
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 3-4 serves
- 1 c mango, peeled, sliced and frozen (or use store-bought pre-frozen slices)
- 1 c quality (canned) coconut milk or cream, frozen into ice cube trays
- zest and juice of ½ an orange
- 2 T pure maple syrup
- Optional extras: shredded coconut, dark chocolate and/or chopped nuts to serve
- In a blender or food processor, blitz frozen mango, frozen coconut milk, orange zest, orange juice and maple syrup. Scrape down the sides as you go and continue blending until well combined and creamy.
- Scoop mixture out and serve immediately in small bowls.
- Top with shredded coconut and/or dark chocolate and/or chopped nuts if you wish.
Note: This ice cream recipe can be blended and frozen in individual serving bowls ahead of time then allowed to soften slightly at room temperature before serving.
For more healthy recipes for kids lunchboxes, home made dinners, vegetarian meals, healthy snacks and treats, check out my RECIPES page which is full of lots of different ideas for you to try.