No Bake Weetbix Slice
This No Bake Weetbix Slice is healthy, quick, easy and whipped up in a flash. It can be modified to be gluten-free and dairy free and is naturally nut free. is a healthier version the baked Weetbix Slice already on my website. See recipe HERE. It’s quicker, easier and can be whipped up in a flash, and loaded with fibre and healthy goodness. Great for lunchboxes or a sweet treat after dinner.
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 16 slices
- 5 Weetbix (use GF Weetbix if required)
- ½ c dates, soaked in boiling water for 5 minutes, drained
- ½ c raisins, soaked in boiling water for 5 minutes, drained
- ½ c sunflower seeds
- ½ c desiccated coconut
- ¼ c LSA or ground linseeds
- 4 T cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 T honey, melted
- 2 T water
- 50g dark chocolate, cut into small squares (ensure DF if required)
- ¾ c icing sugar
- 1 T cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 small pieces of butter (omit if DF)
- boiling water
- To make the No Bake Weetbix Slice, line a loaf or slice tin with baking paper or a baking sheet.
- Place first 7 ingredients in a food processor.
- Process until it comes together into a soft mixture which will hold together, add more liquid if needed (it should take 2-3 minutes in the food processor). Press the mixture into the loaf tin and put in the fridge.
- If you’re using dark chocolate for the icing, melt either use a double boiler, or for a small quantity like this, you could do short 30 second bursts in the microwave on 50% power.
- If you’re doing the traditional icing, add the icing sugar, cocoa powder and butter into a bowl. Pour over a small amount of boiling water and stir until smooth and butter melted. Spread over the base and refrigerate until set for 1-2 hours.
- Cut into slices and store in the fridge for about a week or freeze.
For more delicious recipes, check out the RECIPES section on my website for delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and sweet treats that the whole family will love.