No Bake Chocolate Macaroon
Author: Wick Nixon
Recipe type: Lunchboxes, snacks, sweet treats
Serves: 25 biscuits
- ¼ c honey
- ¼ c coconut oil (I used Tanna Farms)
- ¼ c cacao powder
- ½ c crunchy peanut butter
- 1 c fine rolled oats
- 1 c desiccated coconut
- 2 T ground flaxseeds
- 1 t vanilla essence (½ t vanilla paste)
- pinch salt
- Opt: boiling water
- In a medium pot over a low heat, melt the coconut oil and honey together. Add the cocoa powder and peanut butter and whisk until melted.
- Remove from the heat. Add the rolled oats, desiccated coconut, ground flaxseeds, vanilla essence and salt and stir until combined. Add a couple of tablespoons of boiling water if the mixture is too dry.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper or a baking sheet and press the mixture firmly down using damp hands.
- Refrigerate until firm, approximately an hour. Cut up into squares and store in an airtight container in the fridge (or freezer). Perfect for the lunchbox or an afternoon snack.
Note: I highly recommend using Tanna Farms coconut oil for this recipe. To check out their products (they do a bulk tub of coconut oil) and to access a 20% discount, head to www.tannafarms.co.nz and use the code 'wickedoil' on checkout. Enjoy!