Nut Stuffed Medjool Dates
These stuffed medjool dates are the perfect gluten-free sweet treat, think a healthy snickers bar, soft chewy with a nutty texture dipped in chocolate. Medjool dates are called the king of dates, they've got a higher nutritional value than normal dates, more minerals and vitamins and are definitely less sweet. These will definitely curb those sugar cravings!
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 6-10 dates
- 6-10 medjool dates
- 2 T smooth or crunchy peanut butter
- 2 T finely chopped cashew pieces
- 80 gms 70% dark chocolate
- 1 T coconut oil
- cacao nibs
- coconut thread
- To make the stuffed dates, make a cut lengthwise in the dates, remove the pip and open up. Using a teaspoon, stuff the peanut butter into the dates, add about half to one teaspoon of cashew pieces, stuffing in so the date nearly closes. Continue with the rest of the dates and place in the freezer while you melt the chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler ensuring no water gets in with the chocolate as otherwise it will separate. Add the coconut oil and melt until smooth. Pour into a small dish that is deep enough to dip the date into. Alternatively, melt in the microwave.
- Using a skewer or something sharp to prick into the dates, dip in the chocolate and fully cover. Place on a small plate. Sprinkle top with cacao nibs or thread coconut. Place back in the freezer for 10-15 minutes until the chocolate sets. Remove, transfer into a small container and keep in the fridge. Will last for a week or so in the fridge.
If you've recently gone gluten free or you've been dabbling in it for a while but you're still confused and overwhelmed, join my Beginners Course to Eating Gluten-Free which kicks off on Monday, 21st September – I'll show you exactly where to start with going gluten-free and how to do it easily and quick, where it will save you time and money. Check out the details HERE.
For other delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and dessert recipes that the whole family will enjoy, check out the RECIPES section.