This mango lassi is so refreshing and energising. Mango's are delicious fresh, and when in season, have the most amazing sweet flavour - they're divine eaten fresh, in salads, as a salsa paired with avocado and coriander, in smoothies or in a drink like this. If you enjoy these flavours, when mangoes are in season, slice them up as shown in the video and freeze them to enjoy all year round.
Author: Wick Nixon
Recipe type: Drink
Serves: 2-4 serves
- 2 fresh mangos, cut into small chunks (to see how to cut up a mango, view HERE)
- 1 c natural unsweetened yoghurt (use coconut yoghurt if dairy free)
- ½ c milk or coconut milk (use nut milk or coconut milk if dairy free)
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 t coconut sugar, more or less to taste
- a few mint leaves
- a dash of ground cardamom, optional
- 1 c crushed ice, to blend or serve over, optional
- To make the mango lassi, put the mango, yoghurt, milk, lime rind and juice, sugar, mint and cardamom if using into a blender and blend until smooth.
- If you want a more milkshake consistency and it's a hot day, either blend in some ice as well or serve over ice cubes.
- Sprinkle with a tiny pinch of ground cardamom to serve.
- The lassi can be kept refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
- For other delicious recipes for the whole family, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and desserts, please take a look at the RECIPES page.
Leave A Comment