Tuna, Avocado, Lemon & Edamame Bean Mix
This tuna, avocado, lemon and edamame bean mixture is the best, easiest, quickest & tastiest lunch concoction possible. It also includes all food groups so it's going to keep you sustained for the afternoon where you won't be craving sugar.
Author: Wick Nixon
- 1 small can of tuna in spring water, drained (or use cooked chicken if preferred)
- ½ avocado, mashed
- ¼ c edamame beans, blanched in boiling water for 5 minutes, drained
- a small handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- a good grinding of black pepper
- rind and juice from ½ lemon
- 3 wholegrain rice thins or wholegrain toast or a wholegrain wrap
- 2 t nutritional yeast flakes
- toasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds to sprinkle on top
- Combine all the ingredients and spread on rice wafers, grainy toast, in wraps or even have it on its own, alongside a salad. You could double the mixture and keep half in the fridge for the next day in an airtight container as the avocado shouldn't go brown because the lemon juice is a natural preservative - just make sure you use a good squeeze of lemon juice. I love the combination of protein from the tuna and edamame bean, the healthy fats from the avocado, the slow release carbohydrates from the grainy toast or wholegrain rice wafers, and the flavour from the coriander and lemon juice. That's what makes this combination so powerful, yet super tasty!
For other delicious recipes for the whole family for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, desserts and sweet treats, check out the RECIPES section.
If winter has got the better of you and your healthy habits have gone out the window, please join my Free 5-Day challenge starting 29th August challenge, "5 Tips to Kick-Start Healthy Eating Habits". Sign up on this link... www.wickedwellbeing.com/healthyhabits and let's do it together. It costs nothing so you've got nothing to lose, and so much to gain!