Lemon Coconut Bread
This lemon coconut bread is so easy and absolutely divine. This is the perfect gluten-free loaf for school lunchboxes, a lovely afternoon tea or warm as a dessert with ice cream! With only wholesome ingredients and low sugar, it's a great option if you're looking for a healthy snack too! if you haven't registered for my brand new training, 'Gluten-Free Can Be Easier & More Affordable - 3 Ways Busy Mums Can Nail It' happening next week, March 22nd & 23rd at 8pm, book the date that works best for you. Click HERE to register.
Author: Wick Nixon
Serves: 12 slices
- 4 eggs
- 4 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 T honey, melted
- 100mls coconut oil, melted
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 t vanilla essence
- ½ c coconut flour
- ½ c almond flour
- 2 t baking powder
- ¼ t salt
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- To make the Lemon Coconut Bread, place eggs, bananas, honey, coconut oil, lemon zest and vanilla essence in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and stir to evenly combine (it is quite a wet mixture but coconut flour is very absorbent so it will thicken). Pour into loaf tin and allow to sit for 5 minutes until it swells.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. You may need to cover with tinfoil after about 30 minutes of cooking time if the top is turning too brown.
- Allow to stand in loaf tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing. Store in an airtight container in the pantry or freezer.
- Top Tip: Coconut flour is one of the only flours that can’t be swapped out one for one with other flours due to its dense texture and the fact it requires a lot of liquid.
For other delicious recipes that the whole family will enjoy including breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks or sweet treats, head to the RECIPES section.
If you haven't registered for my BRAND NEW FREE TRAINING,'Gluten-Free Can Be Easier & More Affordable - 3 Ways Busy Mums Can Nail It', it's for you if you find gluten-free hard, expensive or you struggle to be consistent. Whether you're just starting out, or been gluten-free for a while and still confused and overwhelmed, check out the details and book the date suited best to you HERE.
Leave A Comment