Leek & Kumara Soup
Author: Wick Nixon
Recipe type: Soup, Lunch, Dinner
Serves: Serves 4-5
- 1 T coconut oil (I use Tanna Farms)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 2 t cumin powder
- 3 medium kumara, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2 ½ c chicken stock
- 1 c coconut cream
- ½ t salt
- a good grinding of black pepper
- fresh coriander to serve
- Melt the coconut oil in a large pot over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and leek. Cook for 4-5 minutes until soft. Add the cumin powder and stir to combine.
- Add the kumara, carrot and chicken stock, cover and bring to the boil. Turn down to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes until the kumara is tender. Blend with a stick blender until smooth.
- Just before serving, add the coconut cream and season with salt and pepper. If it's too thick, add some more chicken stock.
- Serve immediately with homemade bread and fresh coriander on the top.
- Suitable to freeze.
Note: I highly recommend using Tanna Farms coconut oil for this recipe. To check out their products and to access a 20% discount, head to www.tannafarms.com.vu (it's not hyper linked) and use the code 'wickedoil' on checkout. Enjoy!
Leave A Comment