Healthy Chocolate Crackles
Remember as a kid you used to make Chocolate Crackles out of kremelta and cocoa, and icing sugar? They were so good right? Well, here is a healthy version that will knock your socks off and you won't care how many your kids have! Made with quinoa crispy pops (a recent ingredient discovery), cacao powder (the rawest form of chocolate) and only a ¼ c of coconut sugar (which is a healthier version than icing sugar), they've got a great nutritional profile, especially with the added secret ingredient of LSA which your kids won't even notice. They make a perfect afternoon snack when they get home from school or sweet treat.
Author: Wick Nixon
Recipe type: Sweet, desserts, snacks
- 1 ½ c quinoa crispy pop (you could use rice bubbles but the nutritional profile won’t be as high)
- ½ c desiccated coconut
- 2 T LSA-P (ground up linseed, sunflower seeds, almonds and pumpkin seeds, see recipe HERE)
- 2 T cacao powder
- ¼ t vanilla powder (or 1 T vanilla essence)
- ¼ c coconut sugar
- ½ c coconut oil (I recommend Tanna Farms – see note below for a 20% discount code)
- Prepare a muffin tray with 10-12 patty liners.
- In a bowl, combine the quinoa crispy pops, desiccated coconut, LSA-P and cacao powder.
- In a small pot, heat the coconut oil over a low heat until melted. Add the coconut sugar and vanilla essence and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until evenly combined. Spoon into the prepared patty liners and refrigerate for at least an hour until the coconut oil has solidified and set. Enjoy these Healthy Chocolate Crackles. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
For more healthy recipes for either breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks suitable for the whole family, check out the RECIPES section on my website.
Note: If you'd like to try the Tanna Farms organic, extra virgin, cold pressed additive free coconut oil, head to www.tannafarms.co.nz and use the code wickedoil on checkout to enjoy a 20% discount.