Author: Wick Nixon
Recipe type: Snack, Nibble
Serves: 1-1½ cups
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ t sea salt
- 1 T of fresh lime juice or lemon juice
- 2 T finely chopped red onion
- 1-2 red chillis, stems and seeds removed, minced (optional)
- 2 T coriander, finely chopped
- a good grinding of black pepper
- 1 tomato, seeds and pulp removed, finely chopped
- Cut the avocados in half. Remove stone. Score the inside of the avocado with a blunt knife and scoop out the flesh with a spoon into a bowl.
- Using a fork, roughly mash the avocado. (Don't overdo it. The guacamole should be a little chunky.)
- Sprinkle with salt and lime (or lemon) juice. The acid in the lime juice is a natural anti-oxidant and will help to stop the avocado going brown. Add the chopped onion, coriander, black pepper and chilli’s if using.
- Cover the guacamole with cling film to prevent any further browning. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, add the chopped tomato and stir until evenly combined.