Feijoa & Lime Bliss Balls
These lime infused feijoa bliss balls are so easy to make, have a slight sweetness and will just hit the spot. Add some feijoa skin to really intensify the flavour and up the nutritional value. They're gluten free and dairy free and a nut free alternative has been given too. And if you can't be bothered rolling them into balls, just press them into a slice tin and cut them into bars.
Author: Wick Nixon
Recipe type: Snack, Nibble
Serves: 12-15 balls
- 1 c raw cashews (or for nut free, use ½ c pumpkin seeds and ½ sunflower seeds
- 1 c desiccated coconut
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 t vanilla essence
- 2 T honey
- 1 c feijoa pulp (firmer the better)
- rind of 2 feijoas, washed and roughly cut
- 2 T coconut oil
- pinch salt
- extra coconut for rolling
- To make the bliss balls, put everything in the whiz, except the extra coconut for rolling (there's no need to melt the honey or the coconut oil as otherwise the mixture will be too runny) and process until combined.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into balls and roll in extra coconut (or just press into a slice tin and once chilled, cut into bars). The mixture is very soft but it firms up once refrigerated and the coconut oil sets. If making into balls, you may need to reshape them slightly once set.
- Allow to set for about an hour in the fridge. Suitable to freeze.
For more delicious recipes for the whole family, check out the RECIPES section. There's something for everyone, especially if you love feijoa. Just put feijoa into the search button and all the recipes will come up, like Feijoa Smoothie Bowl, Feijoa Layered Cake, Feijoa Muffins, everything!
For more healthy lunchbox and snack ideas, check out the 21 Day Marvelous Lunchbox Makeover cookbook